With temperatures over 100 degrees every day this past week, the last thing I’ve been wanting to do is cook. Fresh, summer produce all the way! (And LOTS of smoothies to keep cool!) While I will be doing some cooking with this week’s menu, it is all pretty minimal, hands off, and features a rainbow bounty of summer goodness.
- acorn squash
- banana peppers
- green beans
- Wash and chop veggies.
- Bake tofu and sweet potatoes.
- Make dressings for salads.
- Monday: Red Lentil Corn Chowder
- Tuesday: Spiralized Sesame Noodle Salad
- Wednesday: Roasted Corn Salad with Salsa Verde Vinaigrette and baked tofu
- Thursday: Slow Cooker Two Lentil Chili with sweet potatoes and avocado
- Friday: Corn, Cucumber, Peach, Avocado Salad
Lunches: Leftovers to keep it easy.
Breakfasts: Smoothies all the way. This Stress Release Smoothie, this Vanilla Fig Protein Smoothie, and a Cantaloupe Coconut Smoothie ( recipe coming soon!) on repeat.
Have a refreshing and cool week!
As with last year, July is the time where I stop and reflect on where things have gone and what direction things should go for the rest of the year. A midpoint is always a good chance for a refresh. Reboot. Restart. Last month ended with passing the RD exam and finally becoming a Registered Dietitian after a 6 year journey. And this month started with a vacation which I took fully and unplugged from the stress of studying, job searching, and the unknown of the future. The rest of this month will continue to be light on posts as I reflect and plan on where to take things into the next 5 months. Definitely a lot of exciting things ahead!
June in Review:
- Host backyard supper club (1. Plan for it) // Didn’t happen, but we hosted a fun July bash this weekend!
- Study for and pass the RD exam (2. Learn from it) // DONE!! I cannot believe this long 6 year journey is finally over!
- Attend 1 networking event (3. Grow it) // Managed to work in two this month. Scary, but feels empowering and exciting once it’s over.
- Add weekly yoga (3. Prepare it) // Started Pilates and barre classes in June but yoga got postponed until this past week. Feels good to sweat in a studio again!
- Create 4 new recipes (8. Share it) // Two (here and here) of four happened due to exam studying, but grateful for the prioritization there.
- Connect once a week (1. Plan for it) // Now that school stress is over, I am focusing on making relationships a priority again. And if it’s not on my calendar it doesn’t happen, so adding lunch, coffee, and run dates into the next two weeks.
- Update resume (3. Grow it) // Time to start working as a dietitian!
- Take a vacation (4. Schedule rest) // We went to Colorado earlier this month with friends, and it was a perfect time away to recharge and connect.
- Add weekly yoga (6. Push it) // Already started, so I feel like I am cheating a little, but hoping to finish this month strong with a (mostly) daily practice.
- Redefine Neat & Nutritious (8. Share it) // Now that I am a certified Registered Dietitian, I am looking into expanding topics, ideas, activities, and engagements through this space. Mostly planning happening this month and possibly next, but keep an eye out for some fun changes.
Here’s to finishing the month strong, successful, and restored!
Happy Friday! After a long week of studying and a crazy morning dealing with internet issues, I am very grateful for a weekend of rest and sunshine and reading and cooking some of these summer gems.
- Sprouts and Tips for Gardening // I somehow managed to have actual edible food growing in my backyard this year. These tips are great for anyone else just starting out with gardening.
- Fruitful Summer // One of my goals this season is to focus my time to relax, enjoy, and celebrate all that summer has to offer. This guide is a great way to get started, as well as this collection of products.
- Vegetarian on a Budget // I hear this complaint all the time, but it’s not true! This post has terrific suggestions for eating well without breaking the bank.
- Distance Dietetics Programs // For those of you interested in pursuing a career change like I did, this is a great overview of options, including the DDP route I took.
- Summer Running Team // If you’re interested in starting to run or have a goal race in mind, don’t do it alone! I am so excited my rockstar running friend, Brittany, is starting a team at her gym. If you are in Austin, come check it out with me!
- Spiralized Sesame Noodle Salad by Eat Spin Run Repeat // Raw, fresh recipes are my weakness in the summer.
- Strawberry Basil Smoothie by Nutrition Stripped // I have SO MUCH BASIL growing in my backyard, so of course this will be on repeat after sweaty runs every morning.
- Coconut and Rainbow Chard Baked Sweet Potatoes by The Kitchn // If I am going to cook in the summer its got to be easy. This is a terrific option for an easy, quick meal.
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie by The Simple Veganista // Perfect for breakfast, snack, or a sweet treat.
- Blueberry Coconut Popsicles by Beaming Baker // Summer + Berries + Popsicles = Perfection. (Plus maybe a pool 🙂 .)
Have a refreshing weekend!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Purchases from these links may result in a small commission used to support neatandnutritious.com.