There have been so many delicious recipes this month (and last, that I missed sharing!) that I cannot wait to get home and cook all of the things. Instead of the usual neat and nutritious favorites, here is a double dose of nutritious goodness for your Friday.
- Vegan Raspberry Coconut Scones by Love and Lemons // This recipe makes me wonder why I don’t make scones more often!
- Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl by Nutrition Stripped // Summer weather is coming, and all I want are smoothies, all the time.
- Glowing Spiced Lentil Soup by Oh She Glows // Angela always makes the BEST soups, and this one is no exception.
- Easy Weeknight Curried Chickpeas and Spinach by The Full Helping // Easy pantry recipes are my go-to meals right now, and this one is hearty and delicious and perfect.
- Chickpea Scramble Breakfast Bowl by Well and Full // Savory breakfasts on slow week day mornings are one of my favorite things right now.
- Balsamic Sauteed Sweet Potato Bisque with White Beans by Plant Powered Kitchen // I am addicted to balsamic and lentils together, so I can only imagine how well balsamic and sweet potatoes go together.
- Lemon Garlic Tempeh with Turmeric Hemp Dressing by Edible Perspective // Bright, filling, and packed with super foods.
- Crispy Baked Tacos with Pineapple Salsa by Minimalist Baker // Fruit salsa equals summertime to me. And these tacos are perfect for a simple, al fresco dinner with friends.
Fun, fancy smoothie blends are a great way to get a variety of fruits, vegetables, and superfoods into a daily diet. But sometimes simple is best. My basic go-to formula includes a carbohydrate (usually fruit), a fat, and a protein. This easy, refreshing, and filling cashew smoothie is a perfect example. The banana provides the carbohydrate, cashew butter for fat, and protein powder for protein (though hemp seeds or tofu would also work here). Greens add a little freshness, and lots of ice make it a frosty cool treat for breakfast, a snack, or anytime pick me up!
This easy, refreshing, and filling cashew smoothie is an ideal balanced breakfast of carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Greens add a little freshness, and lots of ice make it a frosty cool treat for breakfast, a snack, or anytime pick me up!
1 c cashew milk
1 c kale
1 small banana, frozen
1 T cashew butter
1 c ice
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Combine all ingredients in a blender (adding protein powder before banana and ice, if using) and blend until smooth.
Copyright 2016 Neat & Nutritious.
Per serving: 386 calories, 37 g carbs, 14 g fat, 21 g protein, 299 mg sodium, 14 g sugar
It has been almost an entire year since I’ve been in an airport. And while this last year of transition has been much needed, I am actually excited for an upcoming season of traveling. First up, a European adventure! During my planning and research, I was surprised at how accessible veggie friendly foods is in the UK and France. Here are some highly rated spots I plan on checking out this month.
- Cornucopia // Quick service, good prices, loads of veggies. Perfect for a filling lunch after a morning full of sightseeing.
- The Farm // Something for everyone with a la carte and fixed menus across multiple locations.
- Umi Falafel // Fun, easy picnic fare.
- The Modern Pantry // Fresh, unique, veggie-rich dishes and a fun atmosphere.
- Mildreds // Bright, fresh brunch and lunch plates.
- Sagar // Traditional Indian fare.
I am looking forward to a delicious week of adventuring and eating my way through Europe!