3M. Two years later. Eight minutes faster. And always a lesson in the music if you stop thinking and listen.
- You can’t get where you want to go without putting in the work.
- If you want it badly enough, you have to stick to the work.
- Just keep running. One foot in front of the other.
- People are so valuable. To push you. To pull you back. To make you give it your all.
- When your legs give out, you gotta run with your heart. And enjoy the moment.
While I knew by mile 10 my sub-2 goal was slowly disappearing, I still pushed myself to keep moving, keep looking ahead, keep seeing the good. And right at mile 12 when I was really just done, my friend caught up to me and pushed me to a fast final mile to the end. Without her, I would not have PR’d. I would have kept it easy. I would not have found out how much I really can push this body when it’s spent. Four minutes from my goal is still two minutes closer than I was in August.
Kicked off the 2015 speed year with a PR. Now, let’s get to work on the next one!