Every time I have artichokes that need to be eaten, I think of spinach and artichoke dip. It’s a classic at almost any get together, and it’s cheesy, gooey, goodness is a hit with everyone. I had a craving for my favorite vegan version last month and just knew I had to somehow make a meal that was just as heavenly. The lemon cashew cream makes this risotto extra rich and super creamy and just bright enough for an easy, yet decadent mid-week lunch.
- 2 T vegan butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 T green garlic, finely diced
- 1 c snap peas, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c arborio rice
- 1/4 c dry white wine
- 4-5 c vegetable stock
- 1/2 c artichoke hearts, diced
- 2 c spinach
- 1/2 c raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 T parsley, chopped
- Heat vegan butter and oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- Add snap peas and rice. Let rice start to toast and brown slightly. Add wine to deglaze pan.
- Add stock 1/2 c at a time, stirring often, until all is absorbed and rice is cooked. About halfway through cooking, add artichoke hearts and spinach so they cook into the rice slightly.
- Combine cashews, lemon juice, and 1/2 c broth in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once rice is done, add cashew cream, slowly stirring it in. Add sea salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Let simmer to combine.
- Top with parsley and serve.
Per serving: 354 kcal, 44 g carbs, 15 g fat, 7 g protein, 1129 mg sodium, 6 g sugar