I never really thought about meal planning before having a baby. I just did it. I enjoyed it, I got lost in however long it took to find recipes, write down ingredients, shop, prep, cook. Nowadays, I only cook on Hello Fresh nights. Unless its pasta or salad. My time is way too precious now, especially with running a small business. But my freezer stash is almost gone, I’m getting bored with my staple meals, and trying to slowly regain a piece of my old self in this new season.
Meal planning is meant to make our lives easier, not harder. Prepping on the weekend should make weeknights less stressful. Having a game plan should make the weekend planning less of a chore and more of an adventure. So where the heck to we start? I’m going back to the beginning and following these easy tips. And then starting with these fun, flavorful recipes.
- Favorite Meal Prep Recipes: Summer 2017 // Three easy, repeatable options for busy summer days.
- 10 Ways to Make Healthy Eating Easier and More Fun // Eating well should be a lifestyle, not a chore.
- The Case for Meal Planning // It is possible to follow your body’s hunger cues and still prep and plan ahead.
- 5 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me 5 Years Ago About Meal Planning // It can be quick, manageable, and even fun.
- Meal Planning Tips for a Healthy Vegan Diet // Ready, GO!
- Corn and Green Bean Tomatillo Tacos // I cannot think of a better way to end summer.
- Cashew Coffee // WHY haven’t I thought of this before???? Amazing!
- Thai Quinoa Salad with Sesame Peanut Sauce // All the best things in one bowl.
- Hummus Heaped with Tomatoes and Cucumbers // Refreshing and filling.
- Autumn Glow Milkshake // Embracing the fall season in these 100 degree days.