It’s only June, but this Texas heat already has me going crazy. And when that afternoon sugar craving hits, I need something cold, refreshing, and nutritious to get me through the rest of the day. This smoothie is fruity, frosty cold, and perfectly creamy. A good for you afternoon snack or light breakfast disguised as a treat. Hey, milkshakes can be healthy, too!
This smoothie is fruity, frosty cold, and perfectly creamy. A good for you afternoon snack or light breakfast disguised as a treat!
- 1 c fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 c vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1/2 c coconut water
- 1 scoop Vega One coconut almond protein
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 c ice
- Add all ingredients in order to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
Per serving (with protein): 381 calories, 57 g carbs, 10 g fat, 23 g protein, 150 mg sodium, 37 g sugar