How is it already December? I feel like I say that every month, but with family in town, the Vegan Month of Food, and a busy work schedule, November just flew by. I am intentionally setting fewer goals for December, giving myself space to relax, enjoy the season, and focus on the things that matter right now. With so many ideas and projects and events happening in the coming months, it can be easy for me to go go go to get it all done now, but it can wait. January will have enough days to get it all done. Today is about Celebrating.
November in Review:
- Plan a date night (1. Plan for it) // It definitely felt strange but good to finally be back at our favorite date spot!
- Add new Celebration Nutrition clients (3. Grow it) // Lots of good things happening through November and December. Working to finish all of them well.
- Write every day. (3. Grow it) // Surprisingly, it ended up being easier to batch write a bunch of things this month, instead of a little each day, which is unusual for me. But at least the writing happened!
- Stick to Pilates 3 times per week. (6. Push it) // Daily walks/runs plus daily Pilates has helped so much this past month. Going to stick with it each weekday from now on.
- Host Girls Night Supper Club (1. Plan for it) // This is finally happening, and I am grateful for the women in my life that I get to celebrate.
- Relax and enjoy holidays at home (4. Schedule rest) // December’s focus is on celebrating people and events and real life. No getting stuck on the things we cannot change or influence. Let it go and Celebrate!
- Complete one food photography lesson per week (7. Capture it) // Nothing like the end of the year to finally crack down on this goal, but its written down in my planner each Monday, so it’s happening!
Let’s go make this last month of 2016 a great one! Happy Celebrating!
November goals are coming a little early this year, thanks to some fun things coming later this week (and month!). October literally disappeared in what seems like a week. I definitely did not get everything done this month, even with a shortened goal list. Lots of grace, starting over, and moving on. And ready for the holidays!!
October in Review:
- Host a girls night (1. Plan for it) // Girls night was postponed, but Supper Club was had! Grateful for all the people in our lives right now.
- Finish Celebration Nutrition project (3. Grow it) // Wrapping this one up today!
- Prep for Vegan Month of Food (8. Share it) // Yup, it’s happening again this year, and with posts every single day, starting tomorrow!
- Plan a date night (1. Plan for it) // This has been hard to do with exhaustion, sickness, and weird food aversions, but I am determined to get back in the habit before the end of the year.
- Add new Celebration Nutrition clients (3. Grow it) // Working on some holiday promotions and networking now that the above big project is (mostly) finished.
- Write every day. (3. Grow it) // Writing is not my favorite thing to do, but a necessary part of my work, and with a lot of projects coming up, it will be helpful to get in the habit of writing even a little bit every day instead of blocking entire days to get things done, which is what usually works for me with other tasks.
- Stick to Pilates 3 times per week. (6. Push it) // In addition to running/walking most days, I was consistent with Pop Pilates at the gym up until last week when it started to get a little more difficult with a belly. I found some online prenatal Pilates videos, but at home workouts are always hard for me to stick to. Hoping the public commitment helps me here!
Happy Halloween! And get excited for a fun month of recipes and food!
Late, but not forgotten! I really enjoy having these posts to look back on each year and see progress, especially on days when I feel the work is never-ending, and I am getting nowhere. And I do have more goals each month than I share on here, but these are usually the big ones for the month, the new ones, the important and fun ones. Reminding myself that this year is about Celebrating Others and Cultivating Gratitude. Last week, I was in an introverted rut, working on projects, head buried in books and writing, and missed out on the people, the fun, the joy. These next few weeks, as I moved my office to make space for a nursery, I have a new view, a feeling of a new start, thankfulness to do what I do, and time to focus on what matters most.
September in Review:
- Bring back Supper Club! (1. Plan for it) // I am still in the habit of planning this last minute, but it happens. Working on being more prepared next month!
- Grow photography skills (7. Capture it) // I signed up for a program but have not started it yet. Practicing in October in correlation with some new goals.
- Work/Life Balance (4. Schedule rest) // This has been working pretty well so far, hopefully I can keep it up with all the projects coming on to my plate this season.
- Host a girls night (1. Plan for it) // Thinking up a girls night dinner with a handful of friends to change up Supper Club.
- Finish Celebration Nutrition project (3. Grow it) // I have a big, fun project that is due November 1st, so this one gets top priority.
- Prep for Vegan Month of Food (8. Share it) // Yup, it’s happening again this year, and with posts every single day in November. Writing and testing lots of fun recipes this month to share with you!
Have a Grateful and Joyful October!