November goals are coming a little early this year, thanks to some fun things coming later this week (and month!). October literally disappeared in what seems like a week. I definitely did not get everything done this month, even with a shortened goal list. Lots of grace, starting over, and moving on. And ready for the holidays!!
October in Review:
- Host a girls night (1. Plan for it) // Girls night was postponed, but Supper Club was had! Grateful for all the people in our lives right now.
- Finish Celebration Nutrition project (3. Grow it) // Wrapping this one up today!
- Prep for Vegan Month of Food (8. Share it) // Yup, it’s happening again this year, and with posts every single day, starting tomorrow!
- Plan a date night (1. Plan for it) // This has been hard to do with exhaustion, sickness, and weird food aversions, but I am determined to get back in the habit before the end of the year.
- Add new Celebration Nutrition clients (3. Grow it) // Working on some holiday promotions and networking now that the above big project is (mostly) finished.
- Write every day. (3. Grow it) // Writing is not my favorite thing to do, but a necessary part of my work, and with a lot of projects coming up, it will be helpful to get in the habit of writing even a little bit every day instead of blocking entire days to get things done, which is what usually works for me with other tasks.
- Stick to Pilates 3 times per week. (6. Push it) // In addition to running/walking most days, I was consistent with Pop Pilates at the gym up until last week when it started to get a little more difficult with a belly. I found some online prenatal Pilates videos, but at home workouts are always hard for me to stick to. Hoping the public commitment helps me here!
Happy Halloween! And get excited for a fun month of recipes and food!
Late, but not forgotten! I really enjoy having these posts to look back on each year and see progress, especially on days when I feel the work is never-ending, and I am getting nowhere. And I do have more goals each month than I share on here, but these are usually the big ones for the month, the new ones, the important and fun ones. Reminding myself that this year is about Celebrating Others and Cultivating Gratitude. Last week, I was in an introverted rut, working on projects, head buried in books and writing, and missed out on the people, the fun, the joy. These next few weeks, as I moved my office to make space for a nursery, I have a new view, a feeling of a new start, thankfulness to do what I do, and time to focus on what matters most.
September in Review:
- Bring back Supper Club! (1. Plan for it) // I am still in the habit of planning this last minute, but it happens. Working on being more prepared next month!
- Grow photography skills (7. Capture it) // I signed up for a program but have not started it yet. Practicing in October in correlation with some new goals.
- Work/Life Balance (4. Schedule rest) // This has been working pretty well so far, hopefully I can keep it up with all the projects coming on to my plate this season.
- Host a girls night (1. Plan for it) // Thinking up a girls night dinner with a handful of friends to change up Supper Club.
- Finish Celebration Nutrition project (3. Grow it) // I have a big, fun project that is due November 1st, so this one gets top priority.
- Prep for Vegan Month of Food (8. Share it) // Yup, it’s happening again this year, and with posts every single day in November. Writing and testing lots of fun recipes this month to share with you!
Have a Grateful and Joyful October!
Hello September! I am so ready for so many things this month, but most of all actually cooking something! Anyone notice that there have been zero recipes here this summer? The thought of cooking, let alone anything involving salad or vegetables, was absolutely appalling to me. A travesty I was not very happy with, but that’s what happens in early pregnancy. Yup, a little Darby is arriving next Spring, and I am looking forward to finally sharing the tricks I have learned so far in terms of what I have managed to enjoy eating and keep down while still ensuring adequate calories and nutrition for a growing baby. Stay tuned!
August was rough. I was still exhausted and sick, and so my goals were disguised efforts to build up energy and maintain balance through the first trimester. Some days were successful, some not so much, and I had to learn to be okay with each day as it came. And while I am still not feeling the energy spike that is supposed to be coming, I am eagerly anticipating its arrival, so I can return to my cooking and running routines. Because I cannot function without routine!
August in Review:
- Connect once a week (1. Plan for it) // This didn’t happen every week, but the few times it did were wonderful times of fellowship with friends.
- Add income streams (3. Grow it) // This is still in the works here. I’ve been a little picky about what and whom I am willing to work with.
- Exercise 5 times per week (5. Prepare it) // Most week days have been good, as long as I get out the door before 9:00 AM. The heat is still a little rough here.
- Drink more water (5. Prepare it) // This one has surprisingly been the easiest on the list to follow. I blame the Yeti I finally caved in and bought. 3 refills each day, and I’m at my goal!
- Be consistent with content ( 8. Share it) // This fall is going to have some fun recipes coming, as well as some pregnancy nutrition tips and tricks, and possibly a return to racing.
- Bring back Supper Club! (1. Plan for it) // This has been on hold this summer, as managing to cook and eat and entertain have not been remotely fun or easy to pull together. But I miss these evenings of fellowship and food, so hoping to revive them through the end of the year.
- Grow photography skills (7. Capture it) // I have had this as a goal all year, but with school, then starting a business, it’s not been a priority. But with only a few months left this year (yikes!) it’s time to start improving. Perfect timing for creating some new meals!
- Work/Life Balance (4. Schedule rest) // Being a new business owner, makes it easy to work ALL THE TIME. Nights. Weekends. Whatever it takes. And while some of this is necessary, so is rest. (I love this post on this topic.) This month, I am going to try to stick to my office hours, and limit weekend work to Saturdays.
Here’s to a September back on track!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Purchases from these links may result in a small commission used to support neatandnutritious.com.