May was a wonderful finale to a long, exhausting, completely rewarding year. Internship finished, RD exam scheduled, passport used. I am now 100% ready for June to be the best month yet this year. Birthday month is always the best month, anyway, right? 😉
May in Review:
- Study for the RD exam (3. Grow it) // Just started last week and continuing through June until exam time. Should be an interesting experience.
- Take a vacation (4. Schedule rest) // European adventuring for 16 days was exactly the refresh I needed to move into this new season of life well.
- Run every day (5. Prepare it) // Minus traveling, I managed this one. And have kept it up so far in June as well. Legs and heart are happy.
- Host backyard supper club (1. Plan for it) // Assuming it stops raining here in Texas anytime soon …
- Study for and pass the RD exam (2. Learn from it) // One last big step to the finish line.
- Attend 1 networking event (3. Grow it) // Time to plan for an RD career!
- Add weekly yoga (3. Prepare it) // Having a more flexible schedule now will hopefully allow me to do this now. I’ve missed it!
- Create 4 new recipes (8. Share it) // Summer produce means lots of fun flavor and creative dishes, coming right up!
This month, Take the Leap. Risk is better than Regret.
What big, scary, fun goals do you need to take a risk on this summer?
Another month over in a blink. As May begins, I am grateful for the chance to slow down, reflect, relax, and dream for the coming months.
April in Review:
- Plan and hold April Supper Club (2. Plan for it) // I love filling my table with friends and food. This didn’t happen the way I thought it would this month, but it was still so good.
- Focus on school work during the week (3. Learn from it) // While I was more diligent here, weekends still were taken up with work. But you guys, as of today, I AM DONE! It feels like I just started this internship. And at the same time, it feels like I’ve been working towards this forever. Six years of work completed. One more step left.
- Create one business resource per week (4. Grow it) // Still in process, but I am excited for seeing some tangible plans on paper.
- Plan post-internship trip (5. Schedule rest) // Planned! Booked! Leaving soon!
- Run 25-30 miles per week (6. Push it) // Pretty sure I haven’t even run 25 miles this month. But I was consistent with strength training. Grace, not Perfection.
- Study for the RD exam (3. Grow it) // One more step left on this long journey!
- Take a vacation (4. Schedule rest) // Most of May will be traveling, exploring, and dreaming.
- Run every day (5. Prepare it) // Ready to get back into a rhythm.
Here’s to a month of rest, recharging, and celebrating!
I used to absolutely despise April 1st. As someone who takes life very literally, jokes have always either gone over my head or I find to be just a little ridiculous. But then 10 (10!) years ago, a young, nervous boy took me to our park and played a song he wrote about me and fumbled with a ring he hid in the pick holder of his guitar and asked me to be his forever. And I’ve loved this day ever since. Even after he forgave me for running away in search of a tissue instead of saying yes, and even after we realized it was indeed April Fool’s Day and, no, the ring could not be taken back.
March gets a B+ in terms of goals. Spring break was the necessary break from a tiring, almost finished routine, and I made sure to maximize each day of what was most likely the last spring break of my student career. Lots of cooking, creating, running, adventuring, and rest was had. And April now gets to reap some of those rewards. Back into necessary habits, schedules, everyday routine that gives space for celebrating weekday birthdays, recovering from hard days at the office, and laughing with the people who matter most.
March in Review:
- Seek out professional leadership opportunities (3. Grow it) // The community rotations for my internship have turned into a few golden opportunities, on top of the ones I have already been developing. Definitely excited for where these will lead!
- Get back in habit of No Media Sundays (4. Schedule it) // Remembering this has been hard, but so, so good to follow.
- Finish Lent strong (5. Prepare it) // Caffeine and sugar are already back in my life. Ready for some daily balance in the weeks ahead.
- Start running again (6. Push it) // Not every day, but each run has been enjoyable. No watch, no time, no distance goals. Just fun, nonstop moving until my lungs are done.
- Get back in the kitchen over Spring Break (8. Share it) // It was fun to get back in a groove again and make sure no CSA veggies went to waste. See here, here, and here.
- Plan and hold April Supper Club (2. Plan for it) // March’s dinner disappeared thanks to Spring Break and Easter, so ready for it to get back on the calendar.
- Focus on school work during the week (3. Learn from it) // ONE MONTH left! It is already a struggle to care about finishing strong, so this is here as a reminder.
- Create one business resource per week (4. Grow it) // In preparation for future jobs, I have a list of materials I want to create and build. To help with finishing strong, I am piggybacking fun projects on top of school goals to make it more realistic to complete.
- Plan post-internship trip (5. Schedule rest) // Now that the trip is booked, it’s time to focus on planning this again.
- Run 25-30 miles per week (6. Push it) // Continue to get back into a running groove before summer hits.