As January comes to an end, it’s time to reflect on those 2017 goals that we were so excited about on New Year’s. How are you doing? Still going strong? Losing steam? Planning and ready to start in the coming months? To give us all a mindset boost to keep going into February and beyond, here are some great nutrition-related articles from fellow RDs and other reputable sources. And to add to the momentum, a roundup of delicious, nutritious foods for on the go or to freeze for quick meals later when we’re really running out of steam!
- This is How Your Body Detoxes // Skip the juice cleanse, and let your body go through its natural detoxifying process.
- How to Make Almost Any Recipe Vegan // Trying a plant-based diet for the first time? Here are some super simple swaps for your old favorite recipes.
- 7 Tips for Sticking to Your New Vegan Diet // To go along with the above article, a few terrific tips from The Vegan RD.
- Adding, Not Subtracting for a Healthier New Year // Tired of cutting out foods and feeling deprived? Try adding a few things instead.
- Healthy Habit Challenge // Continue the “adding, not subtracting” by starting a healthy habit challenge next month!
- Curried Cauliflower Chowder // Simple, flavorful, and filling on a chilly night.
- Loaded Garlic Kale Potatoes // Hearty and freezer friendly!
- Buckwheat Green Apple Cranberry Avocado Salad // As the weather starts to warm up and the days get longer, this salad makes me long for Spring!
- Marinated Peanut Tempeh // A protein and healthy fat packed addition to your standard salad or stir fry.
- Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies // Treats for breakfast! Or a midnight snack. Or freeze for anytime.