While I don’t get the whole pumpkin spice craze, I do enjoy my share of pumpkin-based foods this time of year. However, there are so many more winter squash variations that are just as delicious, plentiful, and full of nutrition. Here’s a roundup of my favorite squash and recipes that feature each. And don’t worry if you can’t find one of these in your local grocery store. Most can be substituted for each other if needed!
- Butternut: Butternut Spice Risotto
- Acorn: Acorn Squash Burgers with Cranberries and Pecans // NY Times Cooking
- Delicata: Delicata Squash Bake with Tahini Sauce // Minimalist Baker
- Kabocha: Vegan Kabocha Squash Lentil Curry // Lemons & Basil
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin Dal
- Buttercup: Rustic Three Squash Soup // Healthy Happy Life
- Hubbard: Vegan Hubbard Squash Pie // At the Immigrant’s Table
- Spaghetti: Creamy Avocado Spaghetti Squash // Oh She Glows
- Carnival: Stuffed Sage Carnival Squash // Produce on Parade
- Sweet Dumpling: Sweet Dumpling and Delicata Squash Chili // Coconut & Lime
Have a delicious week!
Of course it’s back to summer weather in Texas. And a CSA box full of summer produce. As much as I crave cool mornings, comforting meals, and fall produce, it hard to not enjoy the last remaining bits of summer when it comes back. This week’s meals are an attempt at light yet comforting fall inspired meals while still maximizing summer’s fresh flavors.
- Chop and dice all veggies.
- Roast zucchini.
- Press and bake tofu.
- Monday: Baked Tofu and Green Beans
- Tuesday: Vegan Taco Soup
- Wednesday: Roasted Chayote Tostadas
- Thursday: Stir-Fried Udon Noodles with Bok Choy
- Friday: Leftover Tostadas and Soup
Lunches: Autumn Apple Salad with leftover tofu and green beans.
Breakfasts: Doing a little fall baking, so zucchini and pumpkin muffins with hot tea to get each morning started.
Happy FALL!!! I am SUPER excited for one of my favorite seasons, even though Texas hardly gets an actual “fall.” BUT, the temperature today is supposed to drop below 70 degrees! Praying really hard this lasts…
In honor of the change in weather, here are my all time favorite cool-weather, seasonal meals. I make these on repeat every year as the produce pops up, and I start to crave heartier meals.
- Pumpkin Hazelnut Granola
- Pumpkin Pie Oats // Minimalist Baker
- Root Vegetable Hash with Avocado Cream
- Roasted Vegetable Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
- Rustic Tomato Kale Soup // Healthy Happy Life
- Seven Vegetable Soup // Oh She Glows
- Butternut Spice Risotto
- Easy Chickpea and Vegetable Curry with Quinoa // Julia’s Album
- Pumpkin Dal
- Sweet Potato Lentil Curry
I am super excited to be able to finally make and enjoy some of these meals. Hallelujah for an appetite slowly returning!
Enjoy a delicious, festive, Fall week!