Of course it’s back to summer weather in Texas. And a CSA box full of summer produce. As much as I crave cool mornings, comforting meals, and fall produce, it hard to not enjoy the last remaining bits of summer when it comes back. This week’s meals are an attempt at light yet comforting fall inspired meals while still maximizing summer’s fresh flavors.
- Chop and dice all veggies.
- Roast zucchini.
- Press and bake tofu.
- Monday: Baked Tofu and Green Beans
- Tuesday: Vegan Taco Soup
- Wednesday: Roasted Chayote Tostadas
- Thursday: Stir-Fried Udon Noodles with Bok Choy
- Friday: Leftover Tostadas and Soup
Lunches: Autumn Apple Salad with leftover tofu and green beans.
Breakfasts: Doing a little fall baking, so zucchini and pumpkin muffins with hot tea to get each morning started.
Happy FALL!!! I am SUPER excited for one of my favorite seasons, even though Texas hardly gets an actual “fall.” BUT, the temperature today is supposed to drop below 70 degrees! Praying really hard this lasts…
In honor of the change in weather, here are my all time favorite cool-weather, seasonal meals. I make these on repeat every year as the produce pops up, and I start to crave heartier meals.
- Pumpkin Hazelnut Granola
- Pumpkin Pie Oats // Minimalist Baker
- Root Vegetable Hash with Avocado Cream
- Roasted Vegetable Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
- Rustic Tomato Kale Soup // Healthy Happy Life
- Seven Vegetable Soup // Oh She Glows
- Butternut Spice Risotto
- Easy Chickpea and Vegetable Curry with Quinoa // Julia’s Album
- Pumpkin Dal
- Sweet Potato Lentil Curry
I am super excited to be able to finally make and enjoy some of these meals. Hallelujah for an appetite slowly returning!
Enjoy a delicious, festive, Fall week!
Fall officially arrives this week, but of course it is still 90 degrees with enough humidity to make your hair frizz every single day here in Texas. Despite the warm temps, I am pretending I am back in the Midwest and making the first of fall favorite recipes with all the seasonal veggies now appearing in my CSA box.
- Dice and roast butternut squash.
- Wash and chop bok choy, peppers, chayote, and tomatoes.
- Make salad: wash lettuce; slice radishes and cucumbers; mix a quick vinaigrette (store separately).
- Cook quinoa for enchilada bake.
- Monday: Roasted Butternut Alfredo with side green salad.
- Tuesday: Quinoa Veggie Enchilada Bake with leftover salad.
- Wednesday: Autumn Spice Soup
- Thursday: Root Veggie Hash
- Friday: leftover soup and toast
Lunches: I am sticking to apples and peanut butter, leftover soup, and hummus and crackers. All of these dishes make great leftovers for school or work lunches!
Breakfasts: Is it too early for oatmeal? As much as I love smoothies, they’re not currently working for me for breakfast, so I am swapping to my fall staple this week. This Apple Pie Oatmeal sounds particularly delicious.
Have a delicious week!