It’s warming up here in Texas, despite a few chilly days. So in true January reset fashion, I’m whipping up large batches of soups to keep things easy through the week, add extra veggies to my day, and have extras to freeze for after baby comes and I need a quick meal. Balancing the warm soup with cool, veggie packed smoothies, and a handful of comfort foods to keep it fun.
- Banana bread muffins
- Broccoli potato soup
- Spiced red lentil, tomato, and kale soup
- Pomegranate grapefruit beet smoothie
- Shepherd’s pie from Clean Food
- Spicy cabbage soup from Oh She Glows Everyday
- Chopped cabbage salad with cashew sauce
- Make banana bread muffins.
- Wash and chop all veggies.
- Make freezer packs for smoothies – add all ingredients except liquid to a freezer safe bag and freeze until ready to use.
- Toss extra veggies with lettuce for a quick side salad during the week.
- Make cashew sauce for cabbage salad.
- Make a quick vinaigrette for salad by mixing equal parts oil and vinegar of choice with salt and pepper to taste. Store in fridge.
- Monday: Spiced red lentil, tomato, and kale soup with whole grain bread
- Tuesday: Shepherd’s pie with side salad
- Wednesday: Chopped cabbage salad with cashew sauce
- Thursday: Spicy cabbage soup with whole grain bread
- Friday: Broccoli potato soup with side salad
Lunches: Leftovers from the day before to keep it simple.
Breakfasts: Smoothies! Chilly but nourishing to stay healthy this season. Also muffins for a heartier option or a midday snack.
Happy fresh start to the new year!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Purchases from these links may result in a small commission used to support neatandnutritious.com.