Happy 1st Day of School! While I am no longer in school nor do I have kids, I absolutely LOVE this time of year. New school supplies, new year, new start. It was always an exciting day growing up. And for all those working students who have no time for meals or parents struggling to find new lunch ideas (or fast dinners after a long day or filling and fast breakfasts), here is a roundup of some of my favorite, easy to make, (mostly) short ingredient list, delicious meals, perfect for back to school.
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal // Cookie + Kate
- Pumpkin Pie Oats // Minimalist Baker
- Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie
- Strawberry Basil Smashed Avocado Toast // Love & Lemons
- Cranberry Walnut Chickpea Salad Sandwiches // The Simple Veganista
- Mexican Noodle Soup
- Ultimate 4 Layer Vegan Sandwich // Oh She Glows
- Green Goodness Power Bowl
- Falafel with Tahini Garlic Sauce // Edible Perspective
- Quinoa Veggie Enchilada Bake // Daily Garnish
- Cauliflower Fried Rice with Scrambled Tofu
- Slow Cooker Chana Masala // The Kitchn
- Cheesy Vegan Quinoa and Broccoli Bake // The Full Helping
- Kitchen Sink Peanut Stir Fry
Have a delicious and fun-filled week!
With temperatures over 100 degrees every day this past week, the last thing I’ve been wanting to do is cook. Fresh, summer produce all the way! (And LOTS of smoothies to keep cool!) While I will be doing some cooking with this week’s menu, it is all pretty minimal, hands off, and features a rainbow bounty of summer goodness.
- acorn squash
- banana peppers
- green beans
- Wash and chop veggies.
- Bake tofu and sweet potatoes.
- Make dressings for salads.
- Monday: Red Lentil Corn Chowder
- Tuesday: Spiralized Sesame Noodle Salad
- Wednesday: Roasted Corn Salad with Salsa Verde Vinaigrette and baked tofu
- Thursday: Slow Cooker Two Lentil Chili with sweet potatoes and avocado
- Friday: Corn, Cucumber, Peach, Avocado Salad
Lunches: Leftovers to keep it easy.
Breakfasts: Smoothies all the way. This Stress Release Smoothie, this Vanilla Fig Protein Smoothie, and a Cantaloupe Coconut Smoothie ( recipe coming soon!) on repeat.
Have a refreshing and cool week!
Happy First Day of Summer! While Summer is probably my least favorite season, its arrival coincides with Birthday Month and ushers in a season of delicious produce, which are two of my favorite things. And June probably is my absolute favorite month so far for colorful, flavorful, and varied CSA treats. My goal for this week’s menu was to fit all these colorful summertime favorites into delicious go-to recipes, so that I could celebrate the only way I know – through food!
- green beans
- bell peppers
- Peel, dice, chop, and julienne all veggies.
- Batch cook quinoa to bulk up meals.
- Press tofu, and premake sauce for noodle bowl.
- Monday: Thai Noodle Bowls with Almond Butter Tofu
- Tuesday: Roasted Summer Veggie Gratin with quinoa
- Wednesday: Cucumber, Melon, and Avocado salad with leftover Almond Butter Tofu
- Thursday: Golden Thai Curry with Green Beans and quinoa
- Friday: Salad with leftover diced veggies and balsamic vinegar
Lunches: This week’s menu will make delicious leftovers for quick lunches.
Breakfasts: Matcha smoothie bowls after sweaty, humid runs will be a must.
Have a delicious, summer filled week!