A lot of winter CSA boxes are primarily green. Or brown. Lots of lettuce, potatoes, root veggies. Thankfully, here in Texas, February means a rainbow of colors. I’ve even gotten ripe, juicy strawberries in February boxes before. One of the benefits of a warm weather state! This week was full of winter color, while still being heavy on the lettuce and root vegetables. Beautiful ruby turnips. Juicy, sweet oranges. And all the greens!
- Sneaky Shells and Cheese
- Braised Coconut Chickpeas and Spinach with Lemon
- Lightened-Up Veggie Lasagna
- Blissed Out Thai Salad with Peanut Tempeh
- Turnip Potato Mash with Roasted Vegetables // Recipe coming this week!
- Tropical Orange Goodness Smoothie
- Wash and chop all veggies.
- Make sneaky shells and cheese sauce.
- Roast veggies for lasagna and ragout.
- Make dressing and tempeh for thai salad.
- Monday: Braised coconut chickpeas and spinach with lemon and a side salad
- Tuesday: Blissed out thai salad with peanut tempeh
- Wednesday: Turnip Potato Mash with Roasted Vegetables and baked tofu
- Thursday: Sneaky shells and cheese
- Friday: Veggie lasagna and salad
Lunches: Leftover braised chickpeas and thai salad.
Breakfasts: Still on the smoothie kick! Best way to get nutrients to baby and use up all the CSA citrus that’s in season!