Thank goodness February is over! Between daily commuting up to 4 hours a day for work and extra personal commitments on weekends, it was a whirlwind of a month. March is thankfully starting out much slower. Working in Austin again (finally!), Spring Break on the horizon, and less weekend plans is making me a happy lady. Planning ahead for a bit of grace last month kept me sane and my goal list manageable. And moving into March, it’s time to ramp back into fun Spring things like cooking and getting back outside.
February in Review:
- Give myself grace to let things go (4. Schedule Rest) // Being realistic with expectations through the long travel days saved my sanity last month.
- Give up sugar and alcohol through Lent ( 5. Prepare it) // Minus a few Sunday slips, I have managed to survive early morning drives, late evening projects, and nonstop activity without the boost from sugar, alcohol, or caffeine. Yup, caffeine went too! Decaf green tea and lemon has been my new morning routine.
- Run a 4:30 marathon (6. Push) // Didn’t quite make this time goal, but I did manage my B goal of running the whole thing. Feels amazing to accomplish something you never thought you were capable of.
- Cook through my CSA (8. Share It) // Many Friday evenings were spent prepping meals after Thursday CSA deliveries. Nothing went wasted! Next month, I’ll share a little bit of this process.
- Seek out professional leadership opportunities (3. Grow it) // Time to start networking.
- Get back in habit of No Media Sundays (4. Schedule it) // Now that school is winding down and my schedule is slightly less hectic than previous months, its time to focus on maintaining a Sabbath day again.
- Finish Lent strong (5. Prepare it) // Some days are easier than others, so planning for energy-filled foods and activities will get me through the month.
- Start running again (6. Push it) // After three weeks off, it’s time to get back in an easy, comfortable, fun routine again.
- Get back in the kitchen over Spring Break (8. Share it) // So many recipe ideas in my head that I finally have time to work on creating.
Ready for a fresh start and new focus!