Hello September! I am so ready for so many things this month, but most of all actually cooking something! Anyone notice that there have been zero recipes here this summer? The thought of cooking, let alone anything involving salad or vegetables, was absolutely appalling to me. A travesty I was not very happy with, but that’s what happens in early pregnancy. Yup, a little Darby is arriving next Spring, and I am looking forward to finally sharing the tricks I have learned so far in terms of what I have managed to enjoy eating and keep down while still ensuring adequate calories and nutrition for a growing baby. Stay tuned!
August was rough. I was still exhausted and sick, and so my goals were disguised efforts to build up energy and maintain balance through the first trimester. Some days were successful, some not so much, and I had to learn to be okay with each day as it came. And while I am still not feeling the energy spike that is supposed to be coming, I am eagerly anticipating its arrival, so I can return to my cooking and running routines. Because I cannot function without routine!
August in Review:
- Connect once a week (1. Plan for it) // This didn’t happen every week, but the few times it did were wonderful times of fellowship with friends.
- Add income streams (3. Grow it) // This is still in the works here. I’ve been a little picky about what and whom I am willing to work with.
- Exercise 5 times per week (5. Prepare it) // Most week days have been good, as long as I get out the door before 9:00 AM. The heat is still a little rough here.
- Drink more water (5. Prepare it) // This one has surprisingly been the easiest on the list to follow. I blame the Yeti I finally caved in and bought. 3 refills each day, and I’m at my goal!
- Be consistent with content ( 8. Share it) // This fall is going to have some fun recipes coming, as well as some pregnancy nutrition tips and tricks, and possibly a return to racing.
- Bring back Supper Club! (1. Plan for it) // This has been on hold this summer, as managing to cook and eat and entertain have not been remotely fun or easy to pull together. But I miss these evenings of fellowship and food, so hoping to revive them through the end of the year.
- Grow photography skills (7. Capture it) // I have had this as a goal all year, but with school, then starting a business, it’s not been a priority. But with only a few months left this year (yikes!) it’s time to start improving. Perfect timing for creating some new meals!
- Work/Life Balance (4. Schedule rest) // Being a new business owner, makes it easy to work ALL THE TIME. Nights. Weekends. Whatever it takes. And while some of this is necessary, so is rest. (I love this post on this topic.) This month, I am going to try to stick to my office hours, and limit weekend work to Saturdays.
Here’s to a September back on track!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Purchases from these links may result in a small commission used to support neatandnutritious.com.