My favorite way to eat radishes is either as a garnish or in a salad. This simple slaw salad is full of bright flavors, crunchy veggies, and tangy citrus. A perfect winter pick me up lunch, especially if you’ve been filling up on too many hearty soups through these cold months.
Citrus Radish Slaw Salad
- 1/2 c grated radish
- 1/2 c grated carrot
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 1 small grapefruit, segmented
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c orange juice (from one small orange)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, chopped
- Combine radish, carrot, avocado, and grapefruit in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, juice, salt and pepper. Toss dressing with veggies until well coated.
- Serve over greens.
Per serving: 280 kcal, 27 g carbs, 17 g fat, 5 g protein, 616 mg sodium, 14 g sugar