I am LOVING roasted chickpeas lately. Super easy, delicious, and packed with protein. Here is my current favorite way to eat them.
Cranberry Chickpea Salad
Serves 4, or 4 single serving lunches for the week
- 8 cups salad greens (mixed greens, spinach, arugula, whatever you want!)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 carrots
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 1.5 cups cooked from dried beans)
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 T balsamic vinegar
- 4 T hemp oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tsp agave nectar (or honey)
- Combine chickpeas, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt in a bowl until chickpeas are thoroughly coated. Bake on a lined sheet pan at 350 for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool on pan.
- Dice carrots. Toss with cranberries and salad greens. Top with chickpeas.
- Make dressing by mixing balsamic vinegar, oil, agave nectar and salt and pepper to taste. Toss into salad and serve.
It’s best to serve the chickpeas warm on the salad so if you are prepping this for individual lunches for a week, mix greens, carrots, and cherries, but keep chickpeas separate and warm before tossing with greens. Toss with dressing just before serving to keep greens fresh.