Wow! What a first week of the Vegan Month of Food! There are so many delicious recipes being created and shared. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Ginger Tempeh Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Almond Butter Sauce from Connoisseurus Veg
- Grilled Vegetable and Hummus Tart from Earth Balance
- Moroccan Lentil Soup from Soy Division
- Salted Caramel Glazed Chocolate Donuts from Allyson Kramer
- Seitan and Apricot Tagine from The Grumpy Sailor
- Shepherds Pie and “Meat” Balls from Vegan Architect
And because I couldn’t end the week without a bonus recipe, here’s a delicious use of cauliflower – queso! Who knew?
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 c raw almonds
- 2 T dried cilantro
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 – 2 c water
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Chop cauliflower and pepper into large chunks. Roast for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Place roasted veggies and remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Mixture will be thick, so add more water if needed until desired consistency is reached (up to 2 cups).
- Serve on top of summer tacos, fajita salads, veggie burgers, or anything that needs a little kick of flavor.
Per Serving (1/4 c): 107 kcal, 7 g carbs, 8 g fat, 4 g protein, 145 mg sodium, 3 g sugar