I’ve been ready for Fall for a while. But this summer also flew right by, as we moved, traveled, and started school. Labor Day weekend was uneventful for us, highlighted only by the start of football season. After scouring the stores for weeks, knowing my search would probably be hopeless, I finally found some decent strawberries. Ever since seeing a recipe for coconut milk whipped cream, I knew I had to try to make the husband’s favorite dessert before summer and strawberries were gone for the year. After a long weekend of studying for midterm exams, I think it was a perfect ending to enjoy one last summer treat.
- 3 biscuits, see steps below
- 8 strawberries
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled
- 2 T sucanat, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Make biscuits. I used this recipe from one of my favorite vegan blogs.
- Slice strawberries and combine with 1 T sucanat in a bowl.
- Scoop top layer of coconut fat out of can. Discard or save the remaining water. Whip like regular cream. Add 1 T sucanat and vanilla. (Original recipe found here, thanks to Pinterest!)
- Separate three biscuits into 2 halves each. Place one half in a shallow bowl. Spoon 1 T berries on top, followed by a spoonful of coconut cream. Layer another biscuit half, strawberries, and cream. Top with the third half.
Definitely the perfect way to bid farewell to end Summer!