There is nothing worse than being fine one day and completely miserable the next. Why do crazy winter colds sneak up on you so fast? There was nothing I wanted today except hot lemon cayenne tea and frosty citrus smoothies. A little contradictory, I know.
One of my favorite cold-busting smoothies is this simple one. I took the flavors and added a boost of vitamin C from the grapefruit and carrot and a little extra electrolytes and hydration from the coconut water. Ginger, hemp, and rooibos round out the powerhouse nutrients to get this cold gone FAST.
Grapefruit Ginger Smoothie
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c frozen strawberries
- 1/2 c frozen mango
- 1 T hemp seeds
- 1 T rooibos tea leaves (from 1 teabag)
- 1/2 c coconut water
- 1/4 c orange juice
- Add all ingredients in order to a blender and blend until smooth.
Per Serving: 322 kcal, 66 g carbs, 6 g fat, 7 g protein, 51 mg sodium, 47 g sugar (AND 298% DV Vitamin C!)