Happy September! I am super excited this year to be participating in my first Vegan Month of Food (Vegan MoFo). What is the Vegan Month of Food? It is a blogger celebration of all things vegan. I am using year’s participation to get back to my roots and create some recipes! (Remember those days?) It also means you get to hear a lot more of me, since I will be posting every single weekday.
Since I recently moved back to Austin and reconnected with my beloved CSA deliveries, I decided this would be the perfect time to get creative with what is in season and cook from my box each week. Every recipe will have at least 2 ingredients from that week’s delivery, and everything in the box will be included in at least one recipe. So each Monday, you’ll get a menu and ingredient list. Tuesdays we’ll make smoothies for breakfast. Wednesdays we’ll make big ol’ mixing bowl salads. Thursdays will be dinners. And Fridays will be roundups of my favorites for the week from other MoFo participants. And maybe, a bonus recipe if I get ambitious. You ready? Here we go!
This week’s CSA box had:
- purple hull peas
- spaghetti squash
- sweet potatoes
- red potatoes
- summer squash
- butter lettuce
- asian pears
This week’s menu:
- Breakfast: Sweet Potato Spice Smoothie
- Lunch: Spaghetti Squash & Pear Salad
- Dinner: Summer Tacos with Cucumber Salsa and Cauliflower Queso
It’s going to be a tasty week!
A few business items to note:
- Neat & Nutritious is finally self-hosted on neatandnutritious.com instead of forwarding to wordpress. Yay!
- If you are subscribed to the blog via RSS, please re-subscribe with the RSS icon on the right sidebar of neatandnutritious.com.
- If you are subscribed via email, please re-subscribe in the email subscription box on the right sidebar of neatandnutritious.com.
- I will be duplicating posts both here and on wordpress for the month, so no one misses all the fun VeganMoFo posts. But after September, make sure you’ve updated your subscription to keep reading!