The other night we had roasted potatoes with dinner. I’d seasoned them liberally with Arizona seasoning so they were a little spicy (at least for me!) and I had a ton of leftovers. What to do with them, besides eating them cold from the Tupperware container? Then came Farmer’s Market day so I stocked up on kale and zucchini. I noticed I had mushrooms and onion that needed to be eaten fast, and a delicious idea slowly formed for dinner.
Kale and Potato Tacos
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1/4 c zucchini, diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 c red potatoes, roasted with chili powder or Arizona seasoning
- 2 leaves kale
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 c black beans
- 1 lime
- 4 T pineapple salsa
- 4 tortillas or taco shells
- shredded lettuce, to serve
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and zucchini and saute until soft.
- Season zucchini with salt and add mushrooms. Continue cooking until mushrooms soften and cook down, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, kale, and beans. Season with cumin and chili powder. Stir to combine. Cook until heated through, about another 5 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from lime over mixture. Spoon into taco shells or tortillas. Top with salsa and shredded lettuce.
The pineapple salsa really made this dish. I also added some vegan nacho cheese sauce I had on hand, which pulled all the ingredients together. This is definitely one of my new favorite meals!