Two posts in one week – I am making progress! My menu plans for the week have been off since Sunday, so I’ve been randomly going with what I feel like for dinner each night, despite the anxiety of not following my schedule. Tonight I definitely did not want grilled veggies and rice as planned – I was seriously craving a margarita pizza. But I had already used up my tomatoes from the market on Saturday, and I was out of basil. However, I did have the mushrooms and zucchini I had been saving for tonight’s grilled veggie menu. And I had pizza dough in the fridge along with some leftover sauce and a few other items that needed to be used. Why not toss it all together and see what happens?
As I had no recipe, I did not measure anything. You can use however much of any ingredient you would like based on your own tastes.
Mushroom-Zucchini Pizza with Rosemary and Parsley
- A handful of button mushrooms
- One medium-sized zucchini
- One clove of garlic, minced
- Half of one small white onion, diced
- About half a cup of tomato sauce
- Pizza dough
- Olive oil
- A sprig of rosemary
- A couple of tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Vegan mozzarella cheese (such as Daiya)
- Roll out dough on to baking sheet dusted with cornmeal or flour ( I like the texture of the cornmeal on the crust). You want the dough to be pretty thin.
- Prick dough with a fork and drizzle with olive oil. Spread sauce on dough.
- Dice veggies and spread evenly on pizza, leaving a half-inch border for the crust. You can quick saute the veggies if you want them softer. I like mine slightly crunchy so I usually toss them on raw. Finish with a sprinkle of mozzarella.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for maybe 7 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Top with chopped parsley and rosemary.