My go-to motto for veggies is “when in doubt, just roast it.” Even in the summertime, this is a delicious alternative to grilling or raw crudites and salads. This roasted salad includes all the quintessential summer flavors of corn, beans, tomatoes, and squash, tossed with a chunky, spiced, peppery sauce. A terrific complement to those last seasonal bbq potlucks.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 ears corn
- 2 c zucchini, sliced
- 1 c green beans
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1/4 c yellow onion
- 1 c cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 4 c lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1 peach, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine corn, zucchini, green beans, and garlic with salt and pepper and 1 T olive oil.
- Spread veggies evenly on prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, or until veggies are just charred and soft.
- While veggies cook, combine poblano, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a food processor until smooth.
- Wash and tear lettuce. Divide evenly among serving plates.
- When veggies are done roasting, toss with dressing, tomato, peach, and avocado. Serve over lettuce.
Serve as a side salad or with roasted chickpeas, baked tofu, or quinoa for a complete meal.
Per serving: 353 calories, 43 g carbs, 25 g fat, 7 g protein, 460 mg sodium, 12 g sugar