Tuesday afternoon my throat started swelling up. Tuesday evening I got to stand outside in a dust haze created by 200 MBA students playing in a dodge ball tournament. By Wednesday my whole head was fuzzy and stuffy. I’ve never been more thankful to be able to work at home, so I could work in my pajamas on the couch, curled up next to the humidifier and a bottle of Dayquil. In a desperate attempt to get as many antioxidants and vitamins into my body, I pulled out the blender and made a miracle smoothie. I’ve made one every day since and I swear I feel ten times better after each glass.
Orange Berry Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 c mixed berries, frozen
- 1 T flax seeds
- 1/2 c orange juice
- 1/2 c vanilla almond milk
- Add ingredients to a blender (in order to help the blending process).
- Blend until smooth, adding more OJ if needed.
- Discover you can breathe again! 🙂
This smoothie really felt like magic. I swear it worked much better than the medicinal tasting Dayquil I’d been depending on.