The next best thing to eating a pint of fresh strawberries straight up is the bright, juicy pop they bring to a salad. Mixed in with the crunchy veggies and sweet lettuce is a burst of freshness. This little salad is a mix of all things spring and includes a double dose of strawberry goodness. Perfect as a side to dinner, a little green at a potluck, or a light lunch, this salad is sure to brighten up any meal.
Simple Spring Salad with Strawberry Mint Vinaigrette
Serves 4-6 as a side.
- 3-4 c butter lettuce
- 1/2 c radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c carrots, diced
- 1/2 c snap peas, diced
- 1/4 c strawberries, thinly sliced + 2 whole
- 2 T fresh mint leaves
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 c raw pistachios
- Wash and thinly slice lettuce. Top with radishes, carrots, peas, and strawberries.
- In a small food processor or blender, combine 2 whole strawberries, mint, oil, vinegar, agave, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Toss salad with dressing, top with pistachios, and serve.
Per serving (for 4): 126 kcal, 8 g carbs, 10 g fat, 3 g protein, 163 mg sodium, 4 g sugars