It’s been my goal to share a recipe for each ingredient or food I feature on the blog, but not being home kind of limits recipe experimentation. When I am home, I get to eat frozen leftovers and lots of smoothies. Even though I eat fairly healthy on the road, after eating at one too many hotels, airports, and convention centers, all I crave when I get home is super nutrient-dense healthy foods. This smoothie came about as a result of one of those post-late night return trips in an attempt to mix all my favorite superfoods in one glass. And it’s high in my current favorite protein source, which is a bonus.
- 1 T hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 T goji berries
- 1 T hemp seed oil
- 1 scoop Vega One berry-flavored protein
- 1 T Navitas Naturals superfood blend (or 1/2 tsp each hemp, maca, cocoa powders)
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c coconut water
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 c frozen strawberries
- 1/2 c frozen raspberries
- 1/4 c frozen blueberries
- 1 c ice
- Add ingredients to high-speed blender, in order. You want the liquid on the bottom and the frozen fruit in the top to allow for optimal blending.
- Blend, pour into a glass and enjoy!
This will make 1 large or 2 small smoothies. Leftovers will keep for up to one day in the refrigerator. Just shake well before drinking.
Per serving: 318 kcal, 40 g carbs, 13 g fat, 14 g protein, 151 mg sodium, 20 g sugar