The best way to savor that fresh fruit flavor long after the season ends? Preserve it! This quick chia jam can be easily frozen to enjoy this summer’s juicy peach goodness for the rest of the year. A little maple sweetness and a pinch of peppery heat is going to make breakfast even more addicting.
A little maple sweetness and a pinch of peppery heat is going to make breakfast even more addicting with this quick chia jam. Whether spread on toast, stirred into oatmeal, enjoyed with a little vegan cheese and wine, it will definitely not last long!
- 2 ripe medium peaches, diced (about 1 c)
- 1/4 c water
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 T chia seeds
- Add peaches and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until peaches are soft and broken down.
- Roughly mash peaches to consistency desired. Add maple syrup, red pepper flakes, and chia seeds. Stir to combine.
- Continue to cook on low heat until jam thickens from the chia seeds, about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour jam into a mason jar and let cool.
Per serving: 38 kcal, 8 g carbs, 0 g fat, 1 g protein, 1 mg sodium, 7 g sugar