Texas peaches are just about one of the best parts of my summer CSA. Small, yet full of juicy flavor, they remind me of all the fun that needs to be had in the coming months. I tend to forget about peaches, and go straight for the summer berries when I want fruit. Just like I had forgotten all about the joys of spending hours in a pool with friends and adventuring through trails and the smell of charcoal cooking all the veggies. The past summers have been marked by lots of work, moving, and traveling, and not as much slowing down. This summer is thankfully already shaping up to be different.
Ripe, juicy peaches. Cool, fresh mint. Sweet, creamy yogurt. The best part of summer is refreshing frozen treats made out of ripe, seasonal fruits. Coconut yogurt adds just a hint of coconut but lets the peaches and mint shine in this easy, no cook, summer treat.
- 1 c fresh peaches, diced
- 1/2 c plain coconut yogurt
- 3 T mint leaves
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 T agave
- 2 tsp almond milk
- Blend peaches and yogurt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add mint, lime, and agave and blend again until evenly mixed.
- If you have an ice cream maker, add mixture and mix according to ice cream maker instructions.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, place mixture in a freezer-safe container and freeze until solid, stirring every hour or so to prevent ice crystals from forming.
Per serving: 177 kcal, 43 g carbs, 1 g fat, 2 g protein, 37 mg sodium, 37 g sugar