With temperatures finally at the freezing level and some cloudy days full of wind gusts and “flurries,” it’s safe to say winter has finally arrived in Texas. Which to me, means soup all the time. Cozy, comfort foods packed with nutrition and color to stay warm and healthy through the end of the year. This week’s menu is simple, with lots of leftovers, because soup can last a while. And leftovers freeze well for when you need a meal in a pinch after Christmas and you come home from seeing family to an empty pantry.
- Wash and chop all veggies.
- Cook of rice for curry.
- Make a batch of quinoa to bulk up meals as needed.
- Make salad dressing and massage into kale for salad.
- Monday: Spiced Chili Taco Soup with crumbled seitan and diced avocado
- Tuesday: Kale Salad with quinoa for an extra protein boost.
- Wednesday: Easy Red Curry with brown rice
- Thursday: Leftover Spiced Chili Taco Soup simmered down into chili and served over pasta.
- Friday: 7 Vegetable Soup with crusty whole grain bread
Lunches: Leftovers this week for easy quick meals. Kale salad is hearty enough to keep for a few days.
Have a warm and cozy week!