2014 is going to be a good year. So much has happened in 2013. Graduations. Moves. Jobs. Vacations (finally). A lot of changes, especially for the Husband. And its been fun to follow him and see where we are going. But 2014 is my year. I have had a lot of things in the works that I now have time to act upon, finalize, grow. I didn’t post goals in 2013, so much was already going on from day 1. But looking back on my 2012 goals, its cool to see how things have changed since then. While this blog has taken a few twists and turns since then, my running, and personal goals have been met and grown. I ran almost 1100 miles last year. We are giving away all we can. I am finally figuring out how to prioritize and single task.
Given all the changes the past few years and knowing all the plans in the works for this year, I thought it would be good to start posting goals again. As a record of progression; a way to stay accountable. To keep it simple, I only let myself make 3 actionable, realistic goals. No crazy, grandiose plans. Tangible steps to get me to where I want to be.
- GROW: Share more content, more sharing, more fun.
- CREATE: Get back in the kitchen and make good food.
- UPDATE: A site refresh is coming!
- MILEAGE: Log 1500 miles.
- RACE: Complete 3rd full marathon (THIS SUNDAY!)
- SPEED: Run a sub 2:00 half marathon.
- Be PRESENT. Stop planning, looking ahead, looking behind, connecting to technology. Live Today.
- Get INVOLVED. Build community. Be real.
- Let GO. No more stress, no more anxiety.
I realize some of that is a little vague, but this blog isn’t a space to get deep and heavy. You will see me be more real, honest, authentic. A few more glimpses into everyday life. And plenty more recipes, races, and some new additions. It’s going to be a good year.