Happy Birthday to Me! As a big believer in Birthday Month, I’ve been celebrating all month long. Especially this year with end of a decade and the start of a whole new season. Part of me wishes I had set more of an intentional bucket list to end my twenties, but I approached this milestone with more of a celebration of what was beginning. The light at the end of the tunnel of my career change is beginning, roots are finally being settled in one place, big life decisions are being made. Lots of things I didn’t feel old enough for in my twenties or pushed off because I felt like I had all the time in the world. And we were constantly moving and constantly traveling. Thirty marks the end of bouncing around and the beginning of building something solid and stable.
And while I am traveling on a fun birthday trip with my mum this week to celebrate my new decade, I will definitely be making all my favorite foods once I return. Birthday month extends a few days since birthday week this year pushes into July. Hey, I gotta milk all the celebration I can this year! (And yes, sometimes you just have to eat treats for breakfast!)
- Summer Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
- Pistachio Rosemary Pesto with Power Greens // Edible Perspective
- The Best Shredded Kale Salad // Oh She Glows
- Mushroom and Leek Risotto with Parmesan Tempeh (my all time favorite N&N recipe!)
- Nutty Dragon Bowl // Thrive Kitchen
- Roasted Butternut Alfredo // Post-Punk Kitchen (THE best recipe in the history of ever)