Fall officially arrives this week, but of course it is still 90 degrees with enough humidity to make your hair frizz every single day here in Texas. Despite the warm temps, I am pretending I am back in the Midwest and making the first of fall favorite recipes with all the seasonal veggies now appearing in my CSA box.
- Roasted Butternut Alfredo
- Root Vegetable Hash (swapping apples, bok choy, and peppers for the turnips and broccoli)
- Quinoa Veggie Enchilada Bake (with chayote and tomatoes instead of mushrooms)
- Autumn Spice Soup // Recipe this week!
- Dice and roast butternut squash.
- Wash and chop bok choy, peppers, chayote, and tomatoes.
- Make salad: wash lettuce; slice radishes and cucumbers; mix a quick vinaigrette (store separately).
- Cook quinoa for enchilada bake.
- Monday: Roasted Butternut Alfredo with side green salad.
- Tuesday: Quinoa Veggie Enchilada Bake with leftover salad.
- Wednesday: Autumn Spice Soup
- Thursday: Root Veggie Hash
- Friday: leftover soup and toast
Lunches: I am sticking to apples and peanut butter, leftover soup, and hummus and crackers. All of these dishes make great leftovers for school or work lunches!
Breakfasts: Is it too early for oatmeal? As much as I love smoothies, they’re not currently working for me for breakfast, so I am swapping to my fall staple this week. This Apple Pie Oatmeal sounds particularly delicious.
Have a delicious week!